Tuesday, April 28, 2009

SKETCH PROCESSJust a little something I was doodling up in the ol' sketchbook. That's the thumbnail for it on the left and some girls I was practicing from some Robert McGinnis. I could have moved it a little to the right for the final, but I'm not gonna sweat it. That's why its a sketchbook.

Also hard at work penciling some Elephantmen pages. Taking way longer than it should, but I am hoping that is because I just need to hit my stride. That, and there is a really detailed spread that I hope comes out sweet. I really, really want it to be great. Nothing like doing comics though to remind you how badly you suck.

I just got the new Elephantmen #18. Marian Churchland is simply amazing. I can't get over it. I read through the issue, then promptly ran to the corner to cry. It was that good. Richard also wrote a touching and thoughful story that went somewhere completely unexpected. I always want there to be beautifully brilliant comic books out there to buy and Marian and Richard did just that.

2 comments:

marco's blog said...

great stuff! dude, you're working on elephantman!! awesome. great book

Andre Szymanowicz said...

Thanks Marco! It totally is a great book. I am honored to be on board!