Monday, November 09, 2009

AJB!
Hey guys! Have you ever read Mark Smith and Dan Hipp's Amazing Joy Buzzards? I have! Its a cool comic full of Rock and Roll and crazy good times. Mark asked me to do some fan art some time back, so here it is! (you might wanna click on it and make it bigger, the little thumbnail doesn't quite show it off)

In other news of what I've been up to, I've been trying desperately to write a new Sushi Nachos story for Popgun 5. The writing part has been a little tough, just getting everything the way I want it. I have some neat bits to fill a ton of pages, but putting them all together nicely is the frustrating part right now. Its kinda hard to get the kinda depth you want in just 10-12 pages, but thats the challenge, so bring it on I guess!?

I also picked up a new project, so that has me happy as well. Its nice to know I can continue to be published and I'm grateful to the people who have faith in me. I'm sure there will be plenty more of this very project being shown in the months to come.

Finally, one more disconnected thought. I've been reading this amazing comic lately called "Volunteer", illustrated by Benoit Springer. Its all in french, but well worth tracking down if you are into those fancy European comics. Its been a while since I've seen a comic like this that was so rich in backgrounds and pure drawing power. I'm also kinda starting to like the whole hardback Tome format as opposed to building up stacks of regular floppy comics.

1 comment:

Michael Kasaboski said...

Really, really enjoy your watercolour work.

Thanks for sharing!